Shared Printers

David Haight davidh8 at pogo.WV.TEK.COM
Thu May 23 07:10:42 AEST 1991

murray at motto.UUCP (Murray S. Kucherawy) writes:
>I seem to recall a thread about this recently, but I've just been informed
>that we are now interested in doing this, and the thread's expired here,
>so forgive me for asking again.
>
>Is it possible for VAXen (some VMS, some Ultrix) to share printers,
>other than using a DECserver to drive them?
>
>=============================== Murray S. Kucherawy ==========================
>Motorola Canada, Ltd.     Communications Division, Toronto      [on work term]
>University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada               2B Math/Computer Science
>Internet: murray at motto.UUCP (work)       mskucherawy at watmath.UWaterloo.ca (UW)
>UUCP:     uunet!utai!lsuc!motto!murray   uunet!watmath!mskucherawy

We (Tektronix) have a print symbiont for VMS that allows VMS to print to
our eithernet attached color printer via the Unix protocol (TCP/IP, LPR)
making the printer available to both VMS and Ultrix (unix) machines
on the network.

David Haight            | davidh8 at pogo.wv.tek.com          | INTERNET
Tektronix, GPID Div.    | {backbone}!tektronix!pogo!davidh8| UUCP
PO Box 1000, M/S 63-630 | (USA) (503) 685-3151             | VOICE
Wilsonville, OR 97070   | (USA) (503) 685-3063             | FAX