FOLLLOWUP TO: X11R4 on DEC 5000 Ultrix 4.x

Debbie Keyes keyes at sierra.ACA.MCC.COM
Thu May 9 07:37:20 AEST 1991

In article <2604 at sierra.ACA.MCC.COM>, I wrote:
> Apparently the DEC 5000 systems (running Ultrix 4.x) need a different
> X server than the 3100 systems (the 3100s use Xcfbpmax & Xmfbpmax).
> I have searched all the locations that I can think of for the
> patches, sources or any references to this server, but have had no luck.

So far I have determined that the DEC5000/200CX systems use the same
server as the DEC3100 systems, but the DEC5000/200PX and DEC5000/200PXG
systems use a different server (supplied with DECwindows as Xtm, but
as an X11R3 version).  The X11R4 version of this server is not yet available.

Until an X11R4 server is available, the only option (besides running
DECwindows) is to use the R3 server (Xtm) and run X11R4 clients/window
managers.  Clearly, this is a kludge and all clients/window managers
will not work properly.

This is all the information that I have.  If there is enough interest,
I will post any other information that I receive (it seems that there
are several other people who need to use X11R4 on their DEC5000 systems).

Debbie

DISCLAIMER:  These opinions may not be the same as those of my employers.
Debbie Keyes                                                keyes at mcc.com
MCC                                                	    (512)338-3440
3500 W. Balcones Center Drive
Austin, TX 78759  USA