Performance Tuning Ultrix 4.1

George Michaelson ggm at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
Wed May 1 09:59:01 AEST 1991

corey at milton.u.washington.edu (Corey Satten) writes:

>(This is cross-posted to unix-wizards because it may also apply to 4.3BSD)
>	    Performance Tuning a DEC Ultrix 4.1 Workstation
>			       Round 2
>		Corey Satten, corey at cac.washington.edu

This is absolutely fascinating reading. For the faint of heart (like me)
Is there even a REMOTE chance that DECs Ultrix development people will
fold in similar functionality sometime soon? I would really rather run
something passed into me via the CD, since if it breaks I get to complain.

You've done your work on Ultrix 4.1, 4.2 is already on some peoples
machines... what sort of timescale for a 4.2[ABCD] upgrade might there be?

....probably I'm asking for a DECtype to reply...

	-George
--
	G.Michaelson
Internet: G.Michaelson at cc.uq.oz.au                     Phone: +61 7 365 4079