rodent allergy

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Wed May 1 19:00:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr29.131738 at wsl.dec.com> gringort at wsl.dec.com (Joel Gringorten) writes:
> |.... how do I get it to work?  What happens (on a DS5000 w/Ultrix 4.0)
> |> is that that power up diagnostics fail the keyboard test and if you bring
> |> up the system, the tablet works to the extent that moving the puck will
> |> move the X-cursor, but the buttons are about 99% dead.  |>
>
> George,
>
> Is this by any chance a DS5000 PX or PXG?  These two machines did have a bug as
> you described.  There is a paper-patch (sic) available for the tablet on these
> machines.  Further, I believe that the -btn isn't used on the server for these
> machines.  I recall that the patch hard-wires the buttons to four.  I'm sorry I
> might have lead you astray on this.  I forgot about the PX systems when I replied
> to your last message for help.  It really helps if you mention which model of 5000

I think it's a PX - it's just a demo machine that was here for a few days, and I
had hoped to demonstrate a PC Board layout package with the puck instead of a mouse,
but it looks like it'll be gone again before I can dig up the patch.

I orginally got the tablet for use with a DS3100 (where it does exactly the same
thing), but then it's not supposed to work with releases prior to 3.1D and I
haven't been able to immobilize the DS3100 long enough upgrade it from 3.1C...

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com