using /bin/csh for single-user shell and /etc/rc in 4.1bsd?

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Sun Dec 27 11:57:13 AEST 1981

>From wales at UCLA-Security Sun Dec 27 11:44:21 1981
We're running 4.1bsd on some VAXen here.  Recently I've been pondering
the pros and cons of changing "init" to use /bin/csh as the single-user
and /etc/rc shell.  Can anyone out there think of a good reason why I
would not want to do this?

My motivation is basically that /bin/csh seems so much better than /bin/sh.

-- Rich