dec vax hardware problems

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Sat Dec 26 22:14:49 AEST 1981

>From csk at UCLA-Security Sat Dec 26 22:01:21 1981
By the way, it is definately worth it to have the
remote diagnostic system (and modem) installed on your
vax if you don't have it already.  First of all, they charge
you LESS! if you have it!  Second, you can get service 24 hours
a day, seven days a week.  The remote diagnostic center (RDC)
personnel are surprising good and know how to load/run just
about all the dec diagnostics. The result is that often dec
local ce's show up with the right modules/stuff to fix the problem
quickly.  Of course, this doesn't usually help with the hard problems
like we had earlier, or others have reported on the net.  Still, I recommend
it highly.