sep id ovly 2.8bsd kernel

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!CSVAX.william at Berkeley utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!CSVAX.william at Berkeley
Wed Dec 30 23:27:13 AEST 1981

The next release of 2.8 has in it seperated kernel overlays. You can
pretty easily fix 2.8 to do it, as the biggest problem is teaching boot.c
about 431 executables. I ran into the same problem, but got around it
by flushing some stuff I had macro expanded. Now that the sys is again
growing like topsy, seperate overlay is the only way.

I think you'll find no trouble with the mch.s , borrowing from m40.s. I can't
give you the latest 2.8 stuff because the sys was reworked again to cut the
thunk space overhead by 2/3 and the speed increase 10x .

	Bill Jolitz.