learning to unix

utzoo!decvax!duke!chico!harpo!mhtsa!ihnss!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!gwyn at UTEXAS-11 utzoo!decvax!duke!chico!harpo!mhtsa!ihnss!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!gwyn at UTEXAS-11
Mon Dec 28 17:04:35 AEST 1981

UNIX System III also runs on PDP-11/44 & /45.  I just got a description
from Western Electric; I note that the ONLY disk supported for VAX is
the RP06.  I hope the DEC Unix Engineering Group and/or U.Cal.Berkeley
will "support" the newer and more cost-effective disks.

Observe that this UNIX system is newer than anything else available, with
the exception of parts of 4.1bsd.  Because it runs on all machines of
interest to Geotronics, from 11/23 through 11/780, we will almost certainly
be converting to it.  This also is the direction that the "unregulated
subsidiary" which will eventually be selling and supporting UNIX is going...
-------