Change in USENIX Schedule

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!mike at RAND-UNIX utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!mike at RAND-UNIX
Sun Dec 27 10:37:55 AEST 1981

        There may be a change in the USENIX schedule, but since this
is preliminary, please DO NOT let this get around.  I have trust in
your discretion.

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wednesday,  9 Dec 1981 14:43-PST
To: ucsfcgl!tef at RAND-UNIX, arpavax.lou at UCB-C70
cc: decvax!aps at RAND-UNIX, decvax!shannon at RAND-UNIX
Subject: DEC Vendor Presentation at USENIX
From: obrien at RAND-UNIX

	The schedule you guys saw needs a change.  DEC has asked that the
C Compiler for VAX/VMS not be mentioned explicitly because they may not be
ready to announce at that time.  Someone who shall remain nameless suggested
that I purvey some good rumors instead.  Ever one to cooperate with an
enlightened vendor, I herewith give an ENTIRE SUBSCHEDULE for the DEC
presentation:

	Keynote Address - C. Gordon Bell
	"Why the VAX will have only one operating system"

	"Elegant Bit-map Raster Design"
		GIGI Design Team

	"Trouble-free Disk Technology"
		RL-01 Design Team

	"High Reliability Magnetic Tape"
		TS-11 Design Team

	"Advanced Small Computer Design"
		PDP-8/S Design Team

	"Device Interface Protocol"
		TU-58 Design Team

	"Communications Processors"
		KMC-11 Design Team

	"Using Communications Processors"
		DMC-11 Design Team

	"Physical Therapy for Communications Processors"
		DMR-11 Design Team

	"The Importance of a Standard Byte Size"
		DECSystem-10/20 Design Team

	"The Importance of a Standard Byte Ordering"
		PDP-11/VAX Design Team

	Closing Musical Number:
	The Marketing Fast Shufflers
		dancing to
	"Keeping the Customer Satisfied", by
		The Field Service Singers

	Naturally, I trust you gentlement to keep this in the strictest
confidence.  We wouldn't want any nasty rumors to go around, now would we?

------- End of Forwarded Message