rm02 or rm03 driver

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!joed at UCLA-Security utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!joed at UCLA-Security
Tue Dec 22 15:31:58 AEST 1981

From: joed at UCLA-Security (Joe DiStefano)
Does anybody have an rm02/3 driver that handles bad
blocks and interprets error flag info recorded on disk?
I just had delivered a Kennedy 5380 80MB winchester drive
with 3 hard errors on 3 cylinders.  The DEC formatter
puts flags on the bad cylinders but apparently the driver
i have does not recognize them as such.  I have a Western
Peripherals DC231 controller and I'm currently running V6.
on an 11/34A.