idle job killer

utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!CSVAX.mark at Berkeley utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!CSVAX.mark at Berkeley
Sun Jun 14 21:29:44 AEST 1981

Your typical idle job is in the shell, with only the tty open.
Very rarely they are in an editor - one or two more files.
A getty would have the terminal open just like the shell.
Then again, I have little experience with such systems, so
it may be that even the little things really kill a 34.

I don't think the Berkeley 11 kernel can move files out of
kernel space, just clists and buffers and text.  But of course
this helps free up room for files.

	Mark