Versatec Software

utzoo!duke!mhtsa!ucbvax!RAM at MIT-MC utzoo!duke!mhtsa!ucbvax!RAM at MIT-MC
Thu Jun 11 21:47:00 AEST 1981

TEX has driven Versatek's since its inception. A (commercial) C
version of TEX is running on an ONYX. Attempts to putthe Pascal  TEX
on VAX at Brown have foundered on the inability of the Berkeley
compiler to handle a program that large.  Successful non-unix
TEX implementations include VAX-VMS, UNIVAC 1100, IBM 370.

If anyone knows of attempts, successful or not to install it
on VAX/UNIX I would like to know, since I am the coordinator
of such information for the TTEX Uses Group.