Mail volume

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Wed Oct 28 17:22:00 AEST 1981

>From JNC at MIT-XX Wed Oct 28 15:48:41 1981
	I think that the volume on this list, the propensity of people
to say "REPLY ALL" (or have fucked up mail readers written by total
brain-damaged cretins who make this the default) in reponse to
questions (so that I get 9 messages telling me how to get a 68000C
compiler which I don't want anyway (since people always reply before
looking to see if others did)), the long flames on obscure topics, the
occasional random misdirected message, and all the other problems that
popular immediate distribution lists are heir to lead me to conclude
that this list needs to be moderated and digested. I am too busy to
spend a lot of time on this, and I suspect that many people who might
have been valuable contibutors have already left because they are all
busy too. Saying "you can use the delete key" doesn't work because I
start deleting unix-wizards mail as soon as I see it, before
considering it, so that I probably miss worthwhile things. I might as
well not be on the list if I do that.
	Whaddya say, gang?
-------