rm

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Sat Oct 3 20:01:46 AEST 1981

>From MathStat.jmrubin at Berkeley Sat Oct  3 02:55:21 1981
	Delete, mentionned in a recent message, sounds like the -i flag on
rm.
	If someone wants it, I have an expunge which removes all files (not
directories) in a tree which begin with #.

	Thus, if Mail and junque are directories, and abc/#def and abcd/ghi
are files, then

expunge Mail junque abc/#def abcd/ghi

would rm Mail/inbox/#9, junque/#oldjunk, et. al., and abc/#def

The default argument (if no arguments are given) is ".".  (like ls)

(The reason I use '#' instead of ',' is that is what the Rand mailing
programs use around here; this, however, can be easily changed.)

					Joel Rubin