more on Vadic vs. 212

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Fri Oct 16 00:33:13 AEST 1981

>From lauren at UCLA-Security Fri Oct 16 00:01:56 1981
I might add that, supposedly, the Vadic 34XX series modems have a
4db S/N advantage over the standard 212A.  The issue as to exactly
WHY the 212 frequencies "are what they are" may well be related to
some complex CCITT international standards issues which are still
not resolved.

Note, however, that I frequently hear of failures in the new Vadic
modems -- both massive infant mortality and longer-term failures
have been brought to my attention.  So be careful!

--Lauren--