VAX UNIX TEX

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Thu Oct 15 20:39:57 AEST 1981

Via:  Sri-Warf.ArpaNet; 10 Oct 81 21:52-PDT

Calvin Jackson at CIT has successfully brought TEX up under the
Berkeley 4.0 and 4.1 Pascal compilers. At this time we seek about 10
Beta test sites to help verify, clean, and improve Calvin's work. Very
little has yet been done in the way of device drivers and such
work would be an essential part of Beta site efforts. Sites
should have substantial experience with installing and maintaining
unix software, experience with typesetting software, and experience
with Pascal. Sites should also have users interested in using
TEX, since developing user interfaces (output spoolers, font
information, etc) will also be a role of beta sites.

If you are interested in being a test site, please indicate
your interest to me as RAM at MIT-MC or by phone 617-287-1900 ext 2545 or
3161. A brief sketch of your configuration, especially output
devices might be helpful.

I will broadcast via this forum and via the TEX User's Group
Newsletter the details of the really public distribution when
we are ready to release it.

Robert Morris
UMASS/Boston
TEX Users Group VAX Unix Coordinator