Changing names of the string subroutines

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Oct 27 19:37:09 AEST 1981

>From cbosgd!mark at Berkeley Tue Oct 27 18:34:01 1981
This is true, 32V was taken from V7 before the changeover.  They put
in the strn??? versions at the last minute, but left in the str???n
versions, and documented str???n.  3BSD didn't change this.  4BSD
left them both in but documented the str?nnn versions.  I have many
times claimed that Berkeley should take out str???n so that software
developed there would work elsewhere, but was told "we want software
developed anywhere to work on our system".
	Mark