MMDF Warning Messages /// Diagnostics in General

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Oct 6 02:36:14 AEST 1981

>From mike.bmd70 at BRL Tue Oct  6 02:31:50 1981
Steven -
	Sorry that you were the receipient of the dunning notice.  Our
mail system is having some problems right now, and we have blasted
rejection notices at quite a number of people.  Software will always have
problems....  (BTW, I find the 10 newlines at the end of your letters
*most* annoying.  Yep, another bug!).

	At least in the case of mail systems, a certain amount of verbosity
is to be expected -- nay, even desired!  I would certainly rather have an
explicit indication of where the trouble lies than some overly terse message.
In the network environment, there is so much going on that error messages
will tend to get lengthy.  HOWEVER, MMDF certainly goes *much* beyond
the necessary level of verbosity.  It still remains the best UNIX-based
mail system I could find.  Sigh.
					-Mike