C Language Calling Sequence

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Thu Oct 22 21:25:32 AEST 1981

>From CSVAX.dmr at Berkeley Thu Oct 22 20:50:14 1981
This paper has been reworked and is just now a Computer Science
Technical Report (CSTR).  I ran off the reproduction copy a week ago,
so probably it is not back from the printer's yet, and I don't know
its number, but the title should suffice.  Order from

	S. J. Connolly
	Bell Laboratories
	Room 2C579
	Murray Hill
	NJ 07974

Ms. Connolly has the list of all the CSTRs; a recent example is
Kernighan's "Why Pascal is not my favorite programming language."

Incidentally, to dash decvax!jmb's hope, the message
of the C paper is that the calling sequence is exquisitely sensitive
to details of the machine, the operating system, and the language.

		Dennis Ritchie