EMACS on UNIX

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Fri Sep 4 10:46:40 AEST 1981

>From ihuxo!hobs at Berkeley Fri Sep  4 10:39:11 1981
existence of of an Emacs editor on UNIX, I know about at least two
different versions of Emacs running on UNIX:
1. Warren Montgomery's Emacs
(Contact Warren Montgomery
         ihnss!warren at Berkeley [if you can get through via uucp]
         6E-314
         Bell Labs-Indian Hill
         Naperville, IL 60566
         (312-462-2494))

2. Gosling's Emacs
(Contact unknown to me, I think he is at Berkeley)

There is also an Emacs floating around Bell Labs at Murray Hill
which may or may not be one of the above two (probably it is Warren's).
You may be able to get one of these sent to you, but you might have
some problems due to licensing.
                                    John Hobson
                                    6C-319
                                    Bell Labs-Indian Hill