No subject

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Sep 29 12:33:43 AEST 1981

>From ROBT at MIT-MC Tue Sep 29 11:52:48 1981
In light of the small amount of negative mail regarding my
recent rm flames (believe it or not folks, most of the mail agreed)
I thought I'd perform a service by mentioning a Unix-flavoured
hack to avoid the rm * problem.
Make your own shell file for mkdir, and have it do:
	for i in *
	mkdir $i
	touch -f $i/!!really\?
	done
(with a "do" before the mkdir)
If you're on an EBCDIC machine, it's not !! you want; I leave
that as a problem fo rthe interested hacker.