One more try with mail problem

utzoo!decvax!harpo!floyd!vax135!lime!we13!we53!wcb utzoo!decvax!harpo!floyd!vax135!lime!we13!we53!wcb
Thu Apr 22 22:08:32 AEST 1982

I asked this question a few weeks ago and didn't get any response. We
had just started receiving netnews then, so maybe I didn't post the request
correctly.

I'm running 4.0 Unix (USG) and when I try to use the reply feature of
readnews, the mail sometimes fails. This occurs when the return address
is long (through several machines). In the source for mail, there are
some 64 byte character arrays that hold the address, and the command
to uucp. The characters seem to be lost when they overflow this array.

When I recompiled with a larger array, the mail was sent properly
from this system, but if the next machine has the same program, and
the address is long enough, it will just fail there.
Has anybody run into this before?

				Bill Bevans
				we13!we53!wcb