unix security flaw and delayed mail

utzoo!decvax!cca!lauren at UCLA-Security utzoo!decvax!cca!lauren at UCLA-Security
Fri Apr 23 12:05:21 AEST 1982

From: lauren at UCLA-Security (Lauren Weinstein)
To anyone wondering why I announced that article about the so-called
"security flaw" several days after it had already been discussed...

I sent the original message from Rand-Unix on Mar. 3.  For some reason
it never got distributed to Unix-Wizards until a WEEK later.  I'd
be curious to know the reason why!  Also, I just noticed that
the software that ports Unix-Wizards across to the usenet strips off the
original date information, so usenet people would have no way of knowing
the original message was sent that long ago.  I consider this to
be a bug.  Maintainers please take note!

--Lauren--