Pseudo-Flame: 3B's, CDC's, CDS's, BTL/WECoNET

utzoo!decvax!duke!harpo!floyd!vax135!lime!we13!rjk utzoo!decvax!duke!harpo!floyd!vax135!lime!we13!rjk
Fri Apr 16 09:46:29 AEST 1982

Regarding a reply from Neal Wyse at ihuxp on 3B20S:

      Yes,  I  agree  that  proprietary   information    regarding
      this  processor   be   kept  off the net, as with any of our
      products or those of other  companies.   I  guess  I  should
      have   not  even mentioned  "3B20" when I posted my request.
      All I really want to know is who is better:  CDC   or   CDS?
      Certainly   3B   people  are not  the  only  ones  who  have
      ever used the drives!  Anyway, I thought that 3B users would
      be  in a better position to advise  me in this regard, since
      that is the intended use of my drives!

      Regarding *Bell System* net - I would love to see it, but  I
      bet  that   the  majority  of  BTL  folks  here  would  vote
      it  down.  Something about  us  WECo  engineers  that's  not
      quite  *Bell  System*,  at  least  that's  the  impression I
      usually get.

      I feel that there's much to be gained by opening a few  more
      doors  between   BTL  and  WECo.   The  reason  that you are
      even reading NETNEWS from "we??" sites is due to  some   BTL
      folks   that   have  already   opened   some of these doors.
      Unfortunately, it has been my experience that WECo folks are
      *outside* to  many  BTL  folks.  This would be a great topic
      for human nets, no?
						Randy King - Western Electric
						Montgomery, Illinois
						we13!rjk