EMT trap

utzoo!decvax!duke!mcnc!idis!dan utzoo!decvax!duke!mcnc!idis!dan
Thu Apr 15 17:05:16 AEST 1982

EMT 0345 is an RT11 system entry for converting filename character
strings into filename argument blocks for other system entries that
open and create files.

The error message you received implies that your zork is an rt11
save file running in compatibility mode (as most are).  The code
in your zork a.out that maintains the rt11 environment should have
caught the EMT signal and recognized it as a system call.

I can't see how some difference between a 750 and a 780 could cause
the program to fail to recognize the system call after it had
identified cause of the signal as an EMT 0345.  Is your zork known
to work correctly on a 780?

If you are more interested in running zork than understanding the
error, I can offer two alternatives to your version of zork.  They
are both on the most recent USENIX distribution in subdirectory
"pitt".  One is a vax native mode binary and the other is an
rt11 "emulator" that includes zork as a test file.