lint documentation

utzoo!decvax!duke!chico!harpo!floyd!amicus utzoo!decvax!duke!chico!harpo!floyd!amicus
Fri Feb 19 13:10:27 AEST 1982

Can anyone point me to RECENT lint documentation?  We use lint to check C
programs written for a non-unix(tm etc) system, and often get messages
that we find hard to understand.  Among these are

Cannot recover from previous errors, Goodbye!
Compiler error: too many local variables
<something about incompatible pointer types, even when we do explicit casts>

The official bell labs tech. memo is hopelessly out of date,
and the man page is sketchy at best.

John Eldridge  floyd!amicus