Vax-11/780 MicroProgramming

utzoo!decvax!duke!ucf-cs!whm utzoo!decvax!duke!ucf-cs!whm
Wed Feb 24 19:10:17 AEST 1982

I'm working on a project that is concerned with microprogramming languages
and it appears that the target machine will be (if we get that far) a
Vax-11/780.  I'm looking for good references on the Vax microarchitecture.
So far, I've got the following:
	Vax Architecture and Hardware Handbooks (everybody has these)
	KA780 Cpu Technical Description
	Technical Description for SBI/Cache, Massbus, Unibus
	System Maintenance Guide
	Dec Microassembler Manuals
	A document from UCB entitled "Software Microprogramming Tools for
					the Vax-11/780" by Tuck (1978)
	A Sigmicro paper by Patterson, Lew, and Tuck (1979)

I'd appreciate pointers to any other documents that might be of use.

We're running Unix, has anyone got a microassembler (public domain) for
the 11/780?

I'd like to hear from anyone who is doing (or has done) anything with
microprogramming on the Vax (780 or 750).

					Thanks in advance,
					Bill Mitchell
					Univ. of Central Florida