APL

utzoo!decvax!pur-ee!bruner utzoo!decvax!pur-ee!bruner
Sat Feb 20 13:06:51 AEST 1982

We have had an APL interpreter at Purdue (EE) for several years now.
It, like the Berkeley APL, was written originally by Ken Thompson,
modified some by Yale, and distributed through an early USENIX
conference (1975 or so?).

Our version was put to use in a computer architecture course, and
later an APL minicourse.  It runs on an I/D PDP-11 or on a VAX
(the workspaces are not directly compatible, but there is a program
to convert them).  Although it was originally a V6 program, it has
undergone a lot of revision (especially when it was converted to
the VAX "cc", which is much pickier than the PDP-11 one) and it no
longer will run under V6.  (The major problem is the type casting
and "+=" vs. "=+" syntax change; with "photo7" it might be possible
to retrofit it.)

We will distribute it to a site with a >= V6 source license.  You
can contact me if you are interested in obtaining a copy.

--John Bruner
ucbvax!pur-ee!bruner