Mail systems

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!chico!esquire!nrh utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!chico!esquire!nrh
Fri Jan 22 20:05:46 AEST 1982

I just finished fooling around with our software OEM's mail system,
and had occasion recently to play with the alias file on a 4.1 BSD system.

Both of these systems must face the problem of inter-network gateway
translation.  Neither seems to handle it really cleanly.

I'd like information on mail systems (preferably runnable under pdp-11
UNIX) that handle any form of networking including uucp and APRPA
gateways.

If there's enough interest, I'll make the responses available to the net.

I am primarily interested in systems in the public domain, or almost
in the public domain.  For example, I don't know who to contact about
getting MMDF....

						- Nat Howard
						chico!esquire!nrh