Reply to: On

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!gwyn at UTEXAS-11 utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!gwyn at UTEXAS-11
Wed Jan 6 21:16:16 AEST 1982

I disagree.  Having system-programmed for half-a-dozen manufacturers'
machines and operating systems and having used at least as many more
systems for applications over the years, I find UNIX quite useful by
comparison with other choices.  TENEX is fine too.  It happens that
several people have found it not too difficult to use UNIX in real-time
environments; we use it for concurrent data acquisition & processing
where I work.  The UNIX kernel IS small and easy to work on.  When you
bring TENEX up on an LSI-11 then I might consider converting to it.
-------