New Net Name

utzoo!decvax!duke!chico!zeppo!harpo!cbosg!cbosgd!mark utzoo!decvax!duke!chico!zeppo!harpo!cbosg!cbosgd!mark
Wed Jan 6 16:42:17 AEST 1982

Arachne is also a Greek Goddess (so they tell me) and seems to be what
the name ARACHNET was based on.  So we have (potentially) two Computer
Science uses of the same name.  Certainly this has been done before,
but there is indeed something to be said for trying to keep the names
unique, within reason.

In practice, the votes seem to be running neck and neck between USENET
and ARACHNET.  Personally, I don't like ARACHNET, but then again I'm
not the dictator.  (I wonder why Wisconsin hasn't pointed out this
duplication before?  They get this stuff.  Perhaps they don't consider
it a duplication?)
	Mark