UUCP Transfers more than one machine deep

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!ihnss!houxi!houxg!lime!we13!rjk utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!ihnss!houxi!houxg!lime!we13!rjk
Fri Jan 29 13:34:54 AEST 1982

	I am on system A.  Joe (not his real name) is on system D.  The
	UUCP network is quite linear through B and C as follows:
			A <--> B <--> C <--> D
	Joe and I merrily communicate through uucp mail in the standard
	convention, i.e.  mail B!C!D!joe  or  mail C!B!A!rjk

	Everything is fine until one day Joe learns that I have a pacman
	game that he would like.  So in vain I try to send the file to
	joe in the logical sense:  uucp -m -njoe pacman B!C!D!~joe

	Joe has assured me that the full paths to ~joe are wide open.  My
	uucp mails back and tells me that pacman made it to B, at which
	point I mistakingly assume that B will keep up the flow and send
	it to C and C to D to joe.  Wrong, bisync breath!  There is no
	further invocation of uux on B and C to get it there.

What can I do?  This situation has come up a couple of times this week,
once with a real 'joe', and several times with 'pacman'.  Any reasonable
suggestions?
						Randy King
						we13!rjk