checking spelling while editing

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!ihnss!cbosg!harpo!floyd!trb utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!ihnss!cbosg!harpo!floyd!trb
Thu Jan 14 10:25:55 AEST 1982

I always wanted a way to check the spelling of the words in my
file while editing.  I wrote a shell script to do it:
-----
# aspell - add misspelled words to end between <<<<< and >>>>>
tee /tmp/aspell$$
echo "<<<<<"
spell /tmp/aspell$$
echo ">>>>>"
rm /tmp/aspell$$
-----
In vi, 1G!Gaspell will put mispelled words at the end of your
document.  If it destroys your document, you can always hit u, of
course (I can think of no reason it would, but I always fear blowing
away my text when I do !'s).  You can use this on any part of your
text, but 1G!G is the best idea.
	Andy Tannenbaum
	BTL Whippany, NJ