780 UBA/DH11 query

utzoo!decvax!watmath!dmmartindale utzoo!decvax!watmath!dmmartindale
Tue Jan 5 23:10:52 AEST 1982

Would someone who really knows the details please explain to me why
DH11's don't work on the 780 UBA?  I've heard this stated countless
times, but have never seen a description of what doesn't work right
any why.  I was generally out of touch with the UNIX community at the
time the 780 first came out, so I expect that there was a fair bit
of discussion of this which I missed.  I'm quite curious about this
because this machine has been running two DEC-supplied DH11's
on a 780 for six months with no apparent problems.  (The other
inhabitants of the unibus are one DZ11, one DUP11, and a DMA
Versatec plotter interface.)

					Dave Martindale