DH11 Humble Pie

utzoo!decvax!duke!unc!lynn utzoo!decvax!duke!unc!lynn
Fri Jan 8 10:19:39 AEST 1982

It has been gently pointed out to me that my comments on the DH-11
and buffered data paths on the VAX are nonsense, as each line on
the DH is doing DMA to a different address and hence would require
a different data path.  The main loss with the DEC DH11 compared to
the Able and Emulex models is the bandwidth; the DEC version is twice
the load on the Unibus because it only fetches one byte at a time.