game control

utzoo!decvax!cwruecmp!ordy utzoo!decvax!cwruecmp!ordy
Sat Mar 6 17:40:18 AEST 1982

	Each semester (being a university) we have our problems with
over playing of games. Usually the solution is several messages of the
day, and some individual mail. This semester, however, I wrote a
small C program that 'guards' the games, only allowing access when
conditions are 'right'. For us, whenever less than 5 users are on the
system, we allow games. In any case, the definition of 'right' is
easily changed.

	With this program, it is possible to selectively allow all
game playing, no game playing, or 'guarded' game playing. The program
also logs all games played, allowing the principle offenders to be
easily identified.

	This program was written under 4.1 BSD, however moving to
straight V7 (or even V6) should not be difficult. I will post the source,
as well as a little bit of documentation on net.sources.

						Greg Ordy
						decvax!cwruecmp!ordy