crt system status programs

utzoo!decvax!duke!harpo!floyd!trb utzoo!decvax!duke!harpo!floyd!trb
Thu Mar 25 14:01:40 AEST 1982

I asked about crt status programs about week ago.
I had full screen toys in mind.
Mark Horton (cbosgd!mark) told me that he had a wholine program
that will run on crts with split screens (like ann arbors etc.).
Lou Salkind (cmcl2!salkind) is working on incorporating w, vmstat,
and iostat into a crt status program.
In other words, no one has one yet.

A while ago, I wrote a little hack that repeatedly popens a program
and updates its results with curses.  I will post that to net.sources.
It's called upd (update is too common a name).
"upd w" and "upd 'ps -au'" are cute.
	Andy Tannenbaum   Bell Labs  Whippany, NJ   (201) 386-6491