A suggestion for a change to biff

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!cbosg!cbosgd!mark utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!cbosg!cbosgd!mark
Sun Mar 14 16:45:57 AEST 1982

There are various programs at Berkeley which keep you posted on system
status on your terminals status line.  They are currently not termcapized,
so there is an h19sys, a tvisys (for the tvi950), and a vt100sys and 2626sys
which use your 24th line, restricting you to the first 23.  Among the things
these programs tell you is when you get mail - the bell rings, and up to 1
line showing who the mail is from, the subject, and part of the first line
of the body.  After one minute this message is cleared and a * is put on the
line to remind you you have unread mail.

I have a terminfo'ed version called sysline, but there is currently no
termcap'ed version, and termcap doesn't have quite enough to handle it
cleanly (you also need a change to tset).

Sorry, at the moment I can't let terminfo out.

	Mark