NROFF has bitten me again!

utzoo!decvax!harpo!floyd!cmcl2!philabs!sdcsvax!sdccsu3!sdcrdcf!trw-unix!trwspp!zemon utzoo!decvax!harpo!floyd!cmcl2!philabs!sdcsvax!sdccsu3!sdcrdcf!trw-unix!trwspp!zemon
Fri Apr 22 08:51:43 AEST 1983

Oh help, please!  I am trying to do something pretty simple
-- just put revision bars in the right margin of a
document.  The .mc request seems to be just made for it.

Sigh.  It doesn't seem to work right.  For short sections
of text (i.e., less than one line of *output* text) it
does just the right thing.  It produces one margin
character.  However, if I turn on margin characters and
don't turn them off until three or four *output* lines
later, NROFF/TROFF often doesn't emit the last margin
character.  It stops one line too early.  Am I doing
something wrong?  Does NROFF really hate me?  Is it time to
dig out the old Smith-Corona?  mumble....

	-- Art Z.
	   TRW, Software Productivity Project