what Writer's Workbench(tm) considers sexist

Peter Rowley peterr at utcsrgv.UUCP
Sun Aug 14 10:34:59 AEST 1983

I asked for a description of what Writer's Workbench(tm) considers sexist and
received a few replies.  It appears it looks for a selection of gender-specific
words (including "man" and "woman") and suggests replacements for them.  I'm
afraid I didn't receive the replacements for any of the pronouns, simple or
possessive, so I can't say whether it subscribes to the they/their solution.
Based on my information, it doesn't appear to have taken an innovative path.
Thanks to all those who responded.