security

fostel at ncsu.UUCP fostel at ncsu.UUCP
Wed Aug 3 03:07:40 AEST 1983

    Does anyone have any advice on mods to make to patch holes in Eunice
    running under VAX/VMS?  Theory on where to look for holes or specific
    patches all gratefully accepted.  In deference to those who would like
    to keep these things under our hats, please send mail to me unless
    the problem is really neat.  If you want to know what turns up, send
    me mail and I will forward any good ideas (for plugging, not violating!)
    to you privately.  For a bit of context, this is part of an attempt to
    lever a VMS center organization into at least tasting UNIX, without the
    corporate paranoia about loosing everything on their machines to evil
    Eunice hackers.  Thanks.
    ----GaryFostel----
                        ...!decvax!duke!mcnc!ncsu!fostel