Know anything about DATAPLOT?

Andrei Chichak chichak at auvax
Sat Aug 13 09:02:55 AEST 1983

	Has anyone had any experience installing (porting) a package called
DATAPLOT written by the National Bureau of Standards (Washington)?   This is
a very general purpose graphics system, with primitives for drawing anything
from pie charts to schematic diagrams.   Our version is meant to run on a VAX
with an arbitrary O/S but due to its immense size (.25mega lines of FORTRAN),
and its complexity, I'm having a wonderful time getting the pig to compile.

	I've got it to the point where the only undefined symbols are from
the low level Tektronix routines and the one system symbol 'environ'.  Having
over 600 subroutines makes tracing a bitch, and searching the binaries for
a routine which references this symbol seems to be a NP complete problem.

	Thus, if anyone in net.land has managed to get this pig to work, please
send me the makefile, or wizard recipe book, or a general indication of what to
do, or anything.   We are getting ready to send this thing back and look for
another package of it's type if nothing happens soon.

			more later

			Andrei Chichak
			auvax!chichak

or