How big is an RA80?

dan at msdc.UUCP dan at msdc.UUCP
Mon Aug 1 01:55:24 AEST 1983

We have three different opinions for the number of sectors on an RA80
disk:
	4.1 bsd 'man' page      237298
	UDA50 controller        237212
	DEC RA80 User's Guide   236954
Does anyone out there know which is right?  We know the Berkeley number
is too high.  Will we lose bad block handling if we use the number that
the controller returns rather than the DEC published number?  (I
thought bad blocks were handled transparently by the UDA50, since it
does everything else in the world.)  Anyone know the real story here?
Please mail to me & I'll post a summary of likely-looking answers.

	Thanks,
	Dan Forsyth	(decvax!duke!mcnc!msdc!dan, sb1|msdc!dan)
	Medical Systems Development Corp, Atlanta