HelNeed help on cpu hang - (nf)

root at hscfvax.UUCP root at hscfvax.UUCP
Wed Aug 10 11:01:33 AEST 1983

#N:hscfvax:400001:000:603
hscfvax!root    Aug  9 17:21:00 1983

We have been experiencing problems with both our vax 780 and 750
running 4.1bsd.  Both will "hang" during busy usage times.   A
few weeks back, someone posted an article "Unix Continues" which
indicated that the hang will clear if you halt the system and
then do a continue.  This has worked once in about 3 or 4 times.
Does anyone have a clue to what is happening and is anyone else
having the same problem.

(What I mean by "hang" is that terminals will not respond, including
the console.  Characters are not being stored in the buffer, either.)

Thanks,
Ken Chin
...!genrad!wjh12!n44a!hscfvax!kchin