Source for 'Grab'

Donn Seeley donn at sdchema.UUCP
Wed Aug 10 13:00:07 AEST 1983

The source and documentation for 'grab' are being posted to
net.sources.  They appear in a file which is ~2700 lines and ~60000
bytes long and is in the form of a C-shell script that will write the
individual pieces into separate files when run.  'Grab' is a program
that reads filesystems through Unix 'character devices' and runs on 4.1
BSD, 2.8 BSD and Version 6 Unix.  It runs fast and makes a good
directory tree copying program as well as allowing one to read foreign
format filesystems.

If you are on the ARPAnet and want to get the sources, try to find a
ARPAnet site on Usenet that will let you FTP the file.  There has been a
crackdown on non-ARPA use of a local ARPA gateway, so I am reluctant to
attempt to mail the file to ARPA sites.  I have stopped listing this
gateway in my news signatures; I have listed another gateway but I am
not at all sure that it works.  Such is the price of security...

If you are on Usenet and don't receive this file, check your netnews
neighbors for it; sometimes large files disappear mysteriously through
the vagaries of UUCP.  If this fails, I am willing to mail the file.
(In the past I have found that net.sources is not terrifically
reliable, but for this many requests I consider it to be a much better
distribution medium than mail.  Even so, if experience is any guide I
will still be doing a lot of mailing... sigh.)

Donn Seeley  UCSD Chemistry Dept. RRCF  ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdchema!donn
             (619) 452-4016             sdcsvax!sdchema!donn at noscvax