shared libraries

PAD Powell[Admin] padpowell at wateng.UUCP
Mon Aug 8 02:14:55 AEST 1983

Gee, Ziggie,  I think you have hit on something.  Lets see now.
1.  According to "popular belief", all the system architects and so forth
	must be wonder whiz kids.
2.  Seeing how smart they are, they usually (with two exceptions that I know
	personally)  could not care less about dead/obselete/nonworking
	systems.  The only things to care about are the current/newest/fastest
	ones on the market/currently reviewed.
3.  All systems designs have ridiculous short lead times.  For example,  in my
	personal experience,  a company was told to come up with a system
	design for a real time system, with UNIX like structure, with
	documents,  an implementation schedule,  and supporting technical
	arguments in 6 weeks.

Conclusion:
	System design seems to be like running a stampede, it doesn't matter
	what you do, as long as you keep in front, and don't look back,
	or you get trampled to death.

Patrick ("UNIX still hasn't got inter process communication") Powell