VT131 in block mode

PAD Powell[Admin] padpowell at wateng.UUCP
Sat Aug 13 11:18:36 AEST 1983

At the USENIX BOAF for the 4.2 hacks,  I warned people about the silly
small buffers of the VMZ/DMF 32.  Everybody thought I was nuts.  Well,
here is the second person who has been burned.  Try running 9600 bps,
and having 6 micros blasting core dumps down the line at you.
Better have the old bit bucket handy,  cause there will be missed characters
and silo overflows quite frequently.

One of the solutions to this insanity is to rearrange your VMZ/DMF on the
Unibus so that it is the first device in the interrupt chain, and have its
interrupt level set to the highest (7).  This may help...

Patrick ("Curses on DEC for not designing peripherals with settable
	priority levels") Powell