Direct Line for uucp between 4.1BSD and 5.0 Vaxen???

govern at houxf.UUCP govern at houxf.UUCP
Thu Aug 18 10:52:09 AEST 1983

I'm trying to set up a direct line between my two vaxen for uucp.
One machine uses 4.1BSD, the other uses USG 5.0, and something doesn't
work right.  The 5.0 system uucp LOGFILE says "FAILED (DIRECT LINE
OPEN tty31 0)".  The Berkeley system says "NOT AVAILABLE (DEVICE)".

I have the /etc/ttys entry for the BSD system set to "12tty10".
The 5.0 /etc/inittab entry is some mostrousity copied from the
(working) connection between the 5.0vax and a pdp.

Both systems have the L-devices and L.sys entries correct.
What do I have to set to make these work right?

				Thanks;
					Bill Stewart
					ucbvax!ihnp4!houxf!govern
					decvax!harpo!houxf!govern