shared libraries

PAD Powell[Admin] padpowell at wateng.UUCP
Mon Aug 8 02:03:12 AEST 1983

Laura made a comment that I think we should all be aware of.  Besides the
standard Murphy's Laws", which always apply to any programs, I have the
following observations (henceforth termed "Patrick's Nitpicks")
1.  No program done by an undergrad will work after he graduates.
2.  No program done by a grad student will work after he completes his
	thesis.
3.  No program done by a "haque" will work unless he is on the system
	("falling leaf in desert side effect").
4.  Programs done by U. of W. coop students will immediately fail as soon as
	the student starts working for your bitterest corporate/academic
	rival.
5.  Portable Unix libaries are for nerds.  Real Programmers use their own
	that give 50% more effectiveness.  This is called the "high speed
	chase in a minefield" syndrome, based on what users would like to do
	to the Real Programmer.

I think you all have further additions to the list...
Patrick ("I hear that UUCP was done by a haque") Powell