enhanced cron.c, anyone? - (nf)

rich at cfib.UUCP rich at cfib.UUCP
Fri Aug 5 08:43:44 AEST 1983

#R:ucf-cs:-99300:cfib:11100003:000:600
cfib!rich    Aug  3 22:17:00 1983

We have a cron.c that does just what you asked, and more.  Specifically:

* it fixes a cron bug with long command lines (over 100 chars) when the
  command line is read when there are just over 100 chars left in the
  buffer pool.

* it allows setting the user and group id

* it allows logging on a per-command basis of the output of the commands

The command field may start with $uid[,gid] and/or '>', which writes
stdout and stderr of the command into a logfile defined in cron.c.

If this message is not too late and you are interested, let me know.

	Rich Baughman
	...decvax!cca!ima!cfib!rich